From Plings Info
See what other people have been building off Plings data and applications to send us data in the Application Gallery.
The following applications have their source code available:
- ShowMyPlings - plug in your Plings Output API XML URL, and see your data, group it, sort it, etc. Make that XML Human readable - a developers dream!
- Tag Getter - a php demo of the http://tagthe.net webservice that generates tags from blocks of text. See also Keyworderer. Useful for anyone wanting to add keywords/tags to their data.
- plingMob - PHP code to show plings on a mobile phone, made by Duncan at http://www.elasticeye.org.uk/, see it in action at http://alpha.rubothered.co.uk/
A bit dated
- Webplings asp.net - a Free Software project to visualise Plings data. This powered a Plings site in 2009
- Webplings - Free Software project written in php. This ran the first Plings sites back in 2008.
- Simple Plings In - Free Software Project in Rails, still in development, and pretty much abandoned!
Plings Input Scripts
- CSV2Plings - a set of scripts to turn data in a 'Plings formatted' spreadsheet into the XML required for the Input API HTTP POST Method
- Scrapers - various scrapers for websites/badly formatted spreadsheets
- PliCal - a php script that uses phpicalendar to convert ical files into plings XML
- JSON Tester - simple one page app, by Howie Weiner (http://www.microbubble.co.uk) to test the JSON data from the Plings Output API.
- Activities in the next hour RSS - By sending an activity feed through a yahoo pipe we limit our RSS feed to activities in the next hour..
- Re-write RSS links - Re-write the link from the individual RSS item to redirect to a different site...
- Plings Project API PHP Library A PHP class, from Duncan Hodgson, for working with the Output API
- Third Party Software - phpFlickr Class 2.1.0 written by Dan Coulter, to get photo's of Venues, parsers, and more...
- Plings Input API - MySQL - a set of 'Create table' instructions that may be of use for creating a MySQL database with all the fields available to the Plings Input API
- Plings Input API - MS SQL - a set of 'Create table' instructions that may be of use for creating a MS SQL database with all the fields available to the Plings Input API
- Plings Output into MySQl - take Plings XML data and put it into a MySQL database in 3 tables, activities, venues, providers
- Code Snippets - bits and pieces we've found helpful.
- Ward Codes Lists of Ward Codes that you might use in a call to the Plings Output API.
- Local Authority Code We use the four character local authority codes currently in the Plings Output API.
- Keywords A list of positive activity keywords that could be used to tag activity data
- Generic Activity Descriptions - a collection of 'words' about positive activities for young people.
We have some little bits of code, functions, snippets, etc that may be of use and save you a bit of time. These are collected in the Code Snippets section.